- This event has passed.
The HeART of Food: Supporting Children’s Creativity
May 6 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm$50 – $125
Join us on Sunday, May 6 for The HeART of Food, when we
Some of Philadelphia’s most generous and talented chefs will prepare dishes inspired by art made by the young artist participants in Taller’s art education programs.
- Ted Torres (Coa Catering)
- Ligia Richter (Chúgar Bakery)
- Kurt Evans (Signature Catering Company)
- Manuel Gómez (TartArepería 18.64)
- Marquessa Gesualdi (Aux Petits Delices)
- Aurora Wold (Aurora Grace Chocolates)
- Kensington Quarters
- Veronica Martínez (Morimoto Philadelphia)
The chefs’ creations will be evaluated by a panel of judges, including:
- Cheldin Barlatt Rumer (CEO at i-g creative and Host/Executive Producer at This is it TV)
- Keith Taylor (Chef/Owner Zachary’s BBQ, Special engagements on Food Network)
- Jennifer Fear Zavala (former Top Chef Contestant and owner of Cherry Bombe Catering)
In addition to the food tasting, experience tours of Taller’s acclaimed facilities, art in our galleries, silent
art and other items auction, networking and more.
Did you know that Taller’s Executive Director Carmen Febo San Miguel is turning 70? Make a donation to Taller in honor of her birthday!
Cooks Who Care (CWC) inspires chefs, businesses, and neighbors to leverage their passion towards social impact. With this
partnership they support the diversity, creativity, and promise of our great city.
Taller’s arts and educational programming preserves and uplifts Latinx traditions. A staff of artists and educators works alongside the untapped talent of young artists to nurture a new generation of cultural awareness. Taller’s new community space, El Corazón Cultural Center, opened in December of 2016 as a showpiece for a community that seeks and creates beauty in an undervalued neighborhood.