Join Our Team!
Position: Youth Artist Program Manager & Instructor Full Time
Reporting: Reports to Education Director
DUTIES: Responsible for developing, delivering and coordinating Taller Puertorriqueño’s (Taller) Youth Artist Program (YAP), an visual arts training program with a strong Puerto Rican/Latin American cultural component in accordance with the mission and educational philosophy of the agency. In addition, this position supports the operations of Taller’s Julia de Burgos Gift Shop (Gift Shop) as a substitute store attendant on an as needed basis.
Coordinates all aspects of Youth Artists Program (YAP) including:
- Maintains a current understanding of community educational, arts, social and cultural issues as a creative use for the program concepts and deliverables.
- Promotes the program through contacts with schools (administrators, counselors and teachers) and other programs; prepares promotional/recruitment materials and delivers YAP presentations to support the recruitment process.
- Maintains student files and related paperwork.
- Coordinates daily program activities including distributing snacks, student trips and art related visits, including visiting artists and residencies in coordination with the Education Director.
- Creates, develops, and presents to approval and implements Puerto Rican/Latino culturally-based year round (two semesters after school, and the summer) visual arts program, including curriculum development, and evaluation of program and participants.
- Provides art classes and activities to students of YAP program. This includes preparation of lesson plans, instruction of art techniques, theory, history, projects and portfolio building, etc.
- Collaborates with colleagues from Taller on events, assisting with fundraising efforts, attending staff and program meetings, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in the visual arts and/or education required.
- 1-3 years experience in arts related field in the community, 1-3 years experience teaching children/youth preferably in the arts.
- Fluent in the Spanish and English languages is highly desirable.
- Proficient in keyboard skills and Microsoft Office software (minimum of Word, Excel and Power Point) and desktop publishing and/or graphic design knowledge is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and interest in Puerto Rican and Latin American art and culture.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively as a team member. Good interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to Taller’s mission and role in the community.
- Background check required.
- Send letter of Interest, Letter of Recommendation and Resume to: Carmen Febo San Miguel, M.D., Executive Director
Taller Puertorriqueño, Inc.
2600 North 5th Street Philadelphia, PA 19133
or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org