Taller opened its doors to El CorazÃ³n Cultural Center, our new home on December 7, 2016.
The newly constructed 24,000+ square-foot center is a vast expansion of Taller’s space, and consolidates all of our operations and functions as a community cultural hub, an educational arts institution, and gathering space.
Taller PuertorriqueÃ±o’s new center includes the following amenities:
- A more spacious and flexible exhibition gallery.
- A larger and more accessible gift shop.
- More classrooms with access state of the art technologies.
- Flexible dance and theatre studio rooms
- A 170-seat multi-use event space, with a total capacity of 340+.
- An outdoor play area for participants in our art education programs.
- An outdoor entertaining area for artistic and social functions.
- 3 Classrooms and a pottery arts studio with a combined student capacity of 160.
- And much moreâ¦
El CorazÃ³n Cultural Center’s numerous advantages:
- Full accessibility: a one-story building, meeting all ADA and Child Care Certification requirements for the safety and comfort of all children and community members served.
- A parking lot for 80+ cars with safe drop-off points to meet the needs of parents dropping off children, mini buses carrying seniors, school buses bringing students, and visitors for our events.
- Closer proximity to public transportation (SEPTA bus routes 47, 39 Eastbound, and 54).
- Ability to accommodate larger groups.
- An attractive and architecturally-significant gateway to El Centro de Oro.
- The consolidation of all Taller’s programs and offices under one roof.
This monumental achievement constitutes the largest Puerto Rican/Latin@-based arts and cultural facility in the state of Pennsylvania and in our region. The success of this project illustrates the important role Taller plays in its community, underlining the power of arts and cultural programming to create social change and build community. El CorazÃ³n Cultural Center will act as an economic engine in Eastern North Philadelphia, spurring new business development in the area. For years to come, El CorazÃ³n will be an anchor and source of pride in serving the regionâs growing Latin@ population while educating the broader public about Latin@ cultural contributions.
For questions, more information about naming opportunities, or to make a larger donation please contact Carmen Febo San Miguel by phone at 215-426-3311 or by email at email@example.com.