We are searching for a new Events Facility Manager to become part of our team. We are looking for a hardworking, collaborative, and organized team player ready to manage and expand our Visítenos Program, coordinate community centered events, and provide technological support for special events, etc. This is a Full-Time and Permanent Position and will be reporting to our Director of Operations.
POSITION DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
In collaboration with the Director of Operations manages and coordinates use of the building’s multidisciplinary spaces, rentals, technology, and equipment. Provides technological support on a daily basis and for special events. Provides arts instruction for the Visítenos Program and Education Program on an as needed basis. Coordinates cultural community-centered events, including Taller’s Annual Thanksgiving Soup Kitchen, Three Kings Celebration, and any other event consistent with Taller’s cultural educational enrichment objectives, mission and vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related art field or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years experience in arts-related fields in the community.
- 1-3 years experience teaching children, preferably in the arts or an equivalent field.
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Proficient in keyboard skills and MS office software including minimum of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Some desktop publishing and design ability is desirable.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as a team member.
- Proficient in Puerto Rican history, art and culture and knowledgeable in Latin America.
- Strong communication and human relations skills.
- Demonstrated skills in operating, maintaining and integrating computer technology, video and audio equipment/sound system, projectors, screens, etc.
- Proficient in supporting virtual program setups for all virtual or hybrid programming.
- Commitment to Taller’s mission and role in the community.
- Background check required.
1. Cultural Educational Enrichment Activities
- Develops and implements cultural community-centered events, including program planning, scheduling of activities, acquisition of supplies and materials, business contacts. Assists outreach and coordination of staff and volunteers for these programs.
- Supports and helps coordinate the Youth Artist Program (YAP) summer film internship, including recruitment, programming, organizing trips, etc. with YAP Coordinator and Taller’s partners.
- Works with Director of Community Engagement in support of the Visítenos program concepts and deliverables including tours and workshops.
2. Facilities Management
- Manages the facilities and operations of Taller’s El Corazón Cultural building in relation to rentals such as maintenance of space, work orders, repairs, communication with contractors, preparation and filing of facilities documentation, keeping inventory and purchase of equipment/materials as needed with approval of Director of Operations.
- Coordinates use of multi-disciplinary theater space, talks to potential users, discusses options, mails contracts and confirmations, makes arrangements, and maintains an ongoing schedule of use of space commitments, etc., in direct support of the Director of Operations and other designated key staff personnel.
- Responsible for maintenance and operation of multi-disciplinary space related equipment, including sound, lights, etc. Maintains and safeguards inventory of theater equipment, assures their safety and adequate operation at all times, including during space rentals. Orients and trains all necessary staff on use of space procedures and equipment.
- Makes themselves available during use of space events. Supervises the use of space according to approved procedures for the agency.
- Collaborates with colleagues on events such as fundraising efforts and special projects; attends staff and program meetings, appropriate cultural activities and supports education programs as needed such as answering phone calls, etc.
- Attends professional development seminars, training and other professional skill development activities for continuing education and as necessary to fulfill program tasks.
- Supervises staff helpers, volunteers and program workers assigned to scheduled events and activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
OTHER ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Money: Receives and records facility rentals fees and prepares documents in preparation for deposits. Provides detailed records and reports to the Executive on a monthly basis, or as required.
- Business Contact: Community, Internal colleagues, Funders, Public and Individuals.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Reports to the Director of Operations.
- All work is performed in an egalitarian office environment.
- Some travel required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply by emailing the following information to @firstname.lastname@example.org:
Taller Puertorriqueño is a community-based cultural organization whose primary purpose is to preserve, develop and promote Puerto Rican arts and culture, grounded in the conviction that embracing one’s cultural heritage is central to community empowerment. Since its inception in 1974, Taller has been elevating and preserving Puerto Rican and Latino culture through arts and cultural programming. With its art-education programs, socially-conscious art exhibitions, Meet the Author series, Taller’s programs engage the public in dynamic and vital discussions that bring together people and communities. The 2016 opening of the 24,000+ square-foot El Corazón Cultural Center solidifies Taller’s position as Pennsylvania’s most prominent Latino arts organization. Taller is also committed to representing and supporting other Latino cultural expressions and our common roots.
Through the following goals, Taller is committed to work that promotes social justice and equality:
• To serve as an educational vehicle in the advancement of the Puerto Rican/Latino community’s pursuit of cultural identity and reaffirmation.
• To strive for the continued development of the Puerto Rican/Latino community through the arts.
• To preserve and promote the contributions and accomplishments of all Puerto Rican communities and support the work of Latin@ artists of all disciplines.
• To support increased understanding and appreciation of other cultures within the wider community.